According to Dr. John McFadzean in 1891, Dan O’Neil Livery Stable was located on the north side of the alley in this block.
The building that currently is home to Carther’s Roadhouse was an early car dealership. Various businesses have been in this building including a potato warehouse used by Fred Fuchs and his son Hugh. Charles Preas owned it and it had an eclectic mix of antiques and used items. Bassett Transfer and Storage may have been located here with Spriestersbach Chevrolet located here in 1920. Carther Motor Company occupied the building. Bernard Motors was here until the building was to Fred and Hugh Fuchs who used it as a potato cellar. As of 2020, the Carther Roadhouse restaurant is the latest business to occupy the building.