The first building in this location was a small building to store goods for the Middaugh and Porter Mercantile next door. In 1882, it was expanded and the Bank of Del Norte was located here by Asa Middaugh. Gold shipments were brought here from Summitville. The newspaper reported that shipments of $10,000 and more were received here! After the bank moved, the building has been used for grocery and hardware stores, meat markets, flower and gift shops and bicycle shop. Simple Foods Grocery Store is the business as of 2021.