This building survived the massive fire of 1877 with Frank Walker, grocer, placing bags of flour, sugar, and salt against the walls. In 1879, John Ewing purchased the building for the Ewing Hardware Store. The building was then sold to W. W. Wilson for a hardware store, and then Earl and Will Bond. Norris and Arlene Martz, Bill Davies, Mac and Ginny McCaulley, Marty Nichols, Bob Kimball, and Alex and Louise Colville, who all ran sporting goods stores, have owned it. Attorney John Montgomery now occupies the building.