The fire of 1877 destroyed the American House Hotel at this location. The American House Hotel was the typical wooden structure of the early days of Del Norte. The current building dates to 1927 when it was built by Charles Donnen and leased to the Kirkpatrick Furniture Store. The Donnen’s Pharmacy moved to this location in 1937 when they celebrated their 25th Anniversary in business in Del Norte after coming from Denver. John “Smiles” Adams bought interest in the store and after Donnen’s death, bought the rest of the business. Adams sold to Frank Connell. Connell’s family sold to Angela Campbell who ran the business for a few years. Currently it is closed.