In the beginning of Del Norte, this half of the block was a blacksmith and wagon making shop with several different owners.
The building on the east was built in the 1950s by Dr. A. E. Bocock as a dental office. Dr. Goodrow had his office in this location for many years. The building was used for beauty shops and then remodeled and used by Mr. Jones for his office. The Prospector office is the building in the center of this three-building complex remodeled and restored by the late Mark Jones. A Sanborn map of Del Norte in 1895 shows this to be a printing office. With the changing of several Prospector owners, the newspaper stayed here. Dean Hammond bought the newspaper in the 1930s and eventually moved the office to the location on Columbia Avenue where a glass business is located.
The third building was the location of the Reid Bakery and then the We-ask-you-inn Restaurant of Peg and Shorty Wheeler. Several different restaurants have been located here. Walt and Lois Lamb turned it into a Flower Shop in 1974. Wanda Maddox and her daughter-in-law, Pauline, ran it for several years