By 1880, J. A. Hard opened the Telegraph News Depot in this Building that had been the law office of S. Pingrey. With the coming of the railroad in 1881, the telegraph office was moved to a location close to the depot. This building became home to various barbershops. In the 1910s and 1920s and later, it was the telephone office. Part of it was O. M. Barbershop.