Originally this location was occupied by the Bismark Hall, the Western star Saloon, and the Senate Saloon, with a host of notables in the Del Norte area as owners. The little adobe building was demolished, and the present building was built in 1902 by Minnie and Fred Freeman, and became the Freeman Block. The brick and metal tin front are original. The upstairs was used for offices. Several mercantile businesses, Gordon’s Store, Safeway, Duncan and Davies Meat Market, Kavley’s Department Store, Jaho Hardware, and Elk Ridge Framing have been located in the building. Kathy’s Fabric Trunk is located here at the present time.