The saloon, the “Lobby”, was located on this corner until Prohibition closed it in 1916. Asa Middaugh had continued the Bank of Del Norte as a private bank at 680 Grand until 1910 when he sold. In 1919, it became a State Bank at this location. It closed in the Great Depression, and reopened on April 12, 1937 as the Rio Grande County Bank. The west end of the Valley again had a bank. It is now home to the High Valley Community Center.