The church was originally established in Del Norte in 1876, with the first church services being held in the building that was the first courthouse/town hall on Pine Street. The church was served with the circuit priests or the Bishop when they could come to Del Norte.
The church was moved to the end of Columbia on the hill starting up Mt. Lookout. It was then moved to this location in 1896. Bishop Spaulding donated the lots, with the furnishings donated by local families and larger churches outside the area. However, the church struggled and had to close.
It was renovated, redecorated, and rededicated on Sunday, November 12, 1939. The little congregation finally closed, and the building was eventually sold. It was remodeled and again sold to a private individual.