By 1878, The Denver and Rio Grande Railway Company had been built into the Alamosa area and by 1881 was continued into Del Norte with tracks and a depot. This ended the era of the stagecoach as transportation. The first depot (shown above) is dated 1882 and at the location of present Del Norte Town Hall. The telegraph office was moved from downtown to a location near the depot. The new depot (pictured below) is the present Town Hall.